PPI4Waste aims to achieve resource efficiency, sustainable waste management and sustainable consumption throughout Europe by increasing innovative public procurement through networking, capacity building, and dissemination.
In particular, the project aims to develop know-how on PPI procedures and make state-of-the-art solutions accessible to other procurers. In turn, this will encourage a quicker market uptake of such solutions and improve the quality and efficiency of services provided by public authorities.
To achieve this, the project will:
- Identify common needs within the public sector in Europe;
- Create an Interest Group and a Purchasing Community to exchange and collaborate on the topic of PPI4Waste;
- Implement capacity-building workshops for cross-border public procurement of innovation;
- Promote dynamic coordinated procurement of eco-innovative solutions in the field of resource efficiency and waste prevention, reuse and recycling;
- Promote collaboration between the public and private sectors.